Living in an area prone to flooding, especially within the Orange & Rockland Company territory, means being prepared for unexpected challenges such as power outages. With the potential for severe weather events leading to flooding, it’s crucial to have a plan in place to ensure the safety and well-being of your household. This article provides a guide on what to do if you find yourself facing a power outage due to flooding in the Orange & Rockland service area.
- Safety First: In any emergency situation, prioritizing safety is paramount. If flooding occurs and results in a power outage, stay informed about the current situation through reliable news sources and official updates from Orange & Rockland. Follow any evacuation orders issued by local authorities and ensure that your family is safe.
- Emergency Kit: Prepare an emergency kit that includes essential items such as flashlights, batteries, non-perishable food, water, first aid supplies, and necessary medications. Having a well-stocked kit can make a significant difference during a power outage, helping you stay comfortable and safe until the situation is resolved.
- Communication: Maintain open lines of communication with neighbors, friends, and family members. In the event of a power outage, sharing information about your well-being and coordinating resources can be invaluable. Keep your mobile devices charged and consider investing in portable chargers to ensure continued communication.
- Report the Outage: Promptly report the power outage to Orange & Rockland by using their designated hotline: 1-877-434-4100 You can also report outages online through their website: Orange & Rockland Outage Reporting . This will help the utility company track the extent of the outage and prioritize restoration efforts. Be patient, as it may take time for crews to assess and address the damage, especially during severe weather conditions.
- Avoid Electrical Hazards: Flooding can create dangerous conditions, including electrical hazards. If you experience flooding i your home, avoid contact with water and electrical outlets. Do not attempt to restore power yourself; leave this task to trained professionals.
- Stay Informed: Stay updated on the progress of power restoration efforts through official channels. Orange & Rockland will provide information on estimated restoration times and any additional safety measures residents should take.
Preparation is key when it comes to dealing with power outages caused by flooding in the Orange & Rockland company territory. By prioritizing safety, maintaining communication, and being proactive in your approach, you can navigate these challenges more effectively and ensure the well-being of yourself and your loved ones during challenging times. Remember to use the provided emergency hotline and online reporting system to keep Orange & Rockland informed and aid in the swift resolution of the power outage.